[Catalyst] Handling expired sessions gracefully

will at serensoft.com will at serensoft.com
Thu Jul 8 16:35:03 GMT 2010

We're kinda new to Catalyst, but we're handling sessions in Root.pm via
login and logout, with checks sprinkled throughout our controllers as
appropriate (logged in users need certain roles to see certain things, it's
not as simple as an ACL for us). There's more than one way to do it...

On Thu, Jul 8, 2010 at 9:53 AM, Steve <steve at matsch.com> wrote:

> I've looked in the archives and tutorials but can't seem to find examples
> of handling expired sessions gracefully.  I'm admittedly weak in the area=
 of
> error checking, but I'm working on it :)  Here are my questions:
> In what controller (Root.pm or MyApp.pm) and action should I check for an
> expired session?  Should I check $c->user_exists or $c->session_expired (=
not
> sure if I have the correct accessor)?  Once detected, do I forward,
> redirect, etc.?
> TIA - Steve

> Searchable archive:

-- =

will trillich
"I think it would be worse to expect nothing than to be disappointed." --
Anne (with an 'e') Shirley