[Catalyst] FastCGI on Shared Hosting

André Walker andre at andrewalker.net
Thu Jul 15 14:02:27 GMT 2010

Hello,

I'm developing my first "real world" Catalyst application, and all I
have available to publish it is my shared hosting on Hostmonster. It is
working, but it's dynamic fastcgi, which means that after about a minute
of inactivity the process is killed, and then, to access it again, it
takes *6 seconds* to load the page. This is incredibly annoying. And
it's gonna be a very low traffic page, so everybody who access it will
probably have to wait those 6 seconds.

Is there a way I can get static fastcgi to work there? I have ssh
access. Or maybe trap the signal the server sends to kill my process?
To speed up the startup would be awesome, is there a way to do it?
Something like Module::Compile?

PS: This is my first mail to the list :)

Thanks
André Walker