[Catalyst] Paging thru a complex POSTed search -- HOWTO?

will at serensoft.com will at serensoft.com
Fri Jun 4 16:26:57 GMT 2010

Bill -- We're running Catalyst::Runtime 5.80022 but uri_with comes via
Catalyst::Request which doesn't appear to have a $VERSION specified. This is
on Debian 5.0.4 (stable) but we've had to use CPAN to get more modern
versions of many of the Debian libraries to get around the "uses NEXT which
is deprecated" warnings.

Oleg -- that seems delightfully sneaky for a GET form, definitely worth
playing with. But how does that work the the $c->stash->{pager} paradigm to
skip to "last page" for example?

Stuart -- when you say you serialize the search form, are you using
Javascript to compress/encapsulate things before they go to the server for
unwrapping? And if you can elaborate more on the mechanics of 303-forwarding
from a POST handler to a GET handler (or share a link or two) I'd be most
appreciative.

On Fri, Jun 4, 2010 at 10:58 AM, Bill Crawford
<billcrawford1970 at gmail.com>wrote:

> On 2 June 2010 18:56, will at serensoft.com <will at serensoft.com> wrote:
> > Short version:
> > Using [% c.req.uri_with({ page =3D> pager.next_page }) %] is fine for a
> simple
> > single-field search (where the form uses GET instead of POST)... but how
> do
> > we PAGE through (and/or cache) a multi-field form search that uses POST?
>
> What version of Catalyst::Runtime adds uri_with? Not found here using
> Ubuntu Lucid Loser (5.80022) ...

> Searchable archive:

-- =

will trillich
"It's only by saying 'no' that you can concentrate on the things that are
really important." -- Steve Jobs