[Catalyst] Literal elements in uri_for generated paths

J. Shirley jshirley at gmail.com
Wed Jun 9 14:44:20 GMT 2010

2010/6/8 Octavian Rasnita <orasnita at gmail.com>:
> Hi,
>
> I have tried to use uri_for() in some parameters of a Java applet, but that
> URI should contain chars like { and } which then should be replaced by the
> appled with something else:
>
> <param name="DataSource" value="[% c.uri_for('/static/data/eof',
> '{symbol}.txt').path %]">
>
> If I do this , { and } are URI encoded and I don't want that.
>
> Is it possible to create URIs that contain literal "{symbol}" when using
> uri_for() or uri_for_action()?
>
> Thanks.
>
> --
> Octavian

> database 5180 (20100607) __________

> http://www.eset.com

This is a TODO test that I posted and haven't gotten around to
actually fixing yet... sorry.

http://cpansearch.perl.org/src/BOBTFISH/Catalyst-Runtime-5.80024/t/aggregate/unit_core_uri_for.t

Search for "jshirley" and you'll see the test. I've completely
forgotten about it, though.  I'll see about fixing it shortly.

The problem, if I recall, is that { is incorrectly seen as one of the
characters that rfc3986 states should be encoded.

Thanks,
-Jay