[Catalyst] Clean install doesn't work at all... any ideas?

Tomas Doran bobtfish at bobtfish.net
Thu Jun 10 15:38:10 GMT 2010

On 10 Jun 2010, at 16:11, Sir Robert Burbridge wrote:

> On 06/10/2010 04:58 AM, Tomas Doran wrote:
>>

>> On 9 Jun 2010, at 22:53, Sir Robert Burbridge wrote:
>>
>>> Hey can anyone help me figure out this issue?  I upgraded catalyst
>>> to v5.80024 (from CPAN).  A fresh install throws the following
>>> error.  I included module version numbers that seemed relevant ...

<snip>

>>> Moose: v1.07

<snip>

> Before updating
> --------------------
> Perl:  5.8.6
> Class::MOP:  1.01

<snip>

http://cpansearch.perl.org/src/FLORA/Moose-1.07/META.yml

> I updated Class::MOP to from 1.01 -> 1.03 and this seems to have
> resolved the error.

Not really surprising.

The above META.yml implies that CMOP 1.02 is required for Moose 1.07.

So either you've been force installing things manually and not paying
attention, something is entirely broken in your toolchain which
allowed this to happen or something deleted wherever the more recent
release of Class::MOP was installed.

Cheers
t0m