[Catalyst] Log::Log4perl::Catalyst or Catalyst::Log::Log4perl ?

Christiaan Kras c.kras at pcc-online.net
Sun Jun 13 09:14:44 GMT 2010

Hi list,

I'm currently looking at the available modules for implementing
Log::Log4perl with my Catalyst app and would like to have some advice on it.

I've found and tried Catalyst::Plugin::Log4perl::Simple but when using
the module Catalyst warns about it using NEXT. So I'm wondering if it's
smart to use it in its current state.

When looking on I also found Log::Log4perl::Catalyst and
Catalyst::Log::Log4perl. Where the former is part of the Log::Log4perl
distribution. The latter still has some old issues open on which the
author hasn't responded yet. So to me it seems abandoned. Other than
that I don't really see much difference between both modules. I must
note though that the former is very new and is only available since
2010/02/24

 From this I'd say using Log::Log4perl::Catalyst is the way to go: it's
part of the Log::Log4perl distribution and has no open bugs (at least
not on the Catalyst module).

Thanks.

--

Christiaan Kras