[Catalyst] Contributing code

Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason avarab at gmail.com
Mon Jun 21 14:19:02 GMT 2010

Have you read http://wiki.catalystframework.org/wiki/contrib ?

> 2)  I've noticed many times in the CPAN modules I've looked through tend to
> be very sparsely commented (disregarding POD).  I tend to do a fair bit of
> inline comments (maybe about 1:2 comments:code).  Is there some reason I
> should keep comments sparse in contributed code?

It depends on what sort of comments you're making. Comments that
explain tricky code that help with maintenance down the road are
welcome everywhere. If you're just making comments that help someone
completely unfamiliar with Catalyst to read the code it'll probably be
more distracting than helpful to core devs.