[Catalyst] Repeatedly creating sessions

Matthias Dietrich mdietrich at cpan.org
Thu Jun 24 19:51:30 GMT 2010

Nicholas,

Am 24.06.2010 um 18:54 schrieb Nicholas Wehr:

> I used charles proxy as well until I discovered how awesome the mozilla addon firebug is. unbeatable json (xhdr) and network activity analyzer. handles ssl too check it out!
>
> jim, is there a charles feature that stands out above firebug? I only used for one project until I re-discovered firebug...

I haven't bought Charles yet but used it for a longer time.  A big plus is that you can display the content depending on its type (eg. JSON and AMF as collapsable tree, but doesn't has a display mode for every type, I guess).  And it's browser independent so you can test with Safari and other clients (like native apps!), too.  You can record transferred data, stop recording, open new sessions while the old ones are still present.  If FF crashes or you navigate to a different page, Charles is still there and showing the recorded and opened sessions.

Firebug is nice for single request tracking (yes, you can let the requests be "sticky", but that's not the same and a bit ugly, even sometimes it doesn't show the content if there's some), CSS, Javascript and HTML, but if you need to debug more intensive and longer I would prefer something like Charles.

Thanks,
 Matthias

--
rainboxx Software Engineering
Matthias Dietrich

rainboxx Matthias Dietrich   |  Phone: +49 7141 / 2 39 14 71
Königsallee 43               |  Fax  : +49 3222 / 1 47 63 00
71638 Ludwigsburg            |  Mobil: +49  151 / 50 60 78 64

CPAN: http://search.cpan.org/~mdietrich/
XING: https://www.xing.com/profile/Matthias_Dietrich18
GULP: http://www.gulp.de/profil/rainboxx.html