[Catalyst] Best practices: XML output from static XML

J. Shirley jshirley at gmail.com
Fri Mar 5 19:10:54 GMT 2010

On Fri, Mar 5, 2010 at 10:46 AM, David <oldskiffle at yahoo.es> wrote:
> Thanks Jay.
>
> I thought of that solution too when I had a look at
> Catalyst::Plugin::Static::Simple. But in this case, my doubt was, and is,
> how should I create the view through the helper?
> Most of the examples for creating views are TT views, so they create it as
> 'script/hello_create.pl view my_TT_view TT'.
>
> David

I'd really recommend just creating a sample application you can mess
with, like 'catalyst.pl Foo' -- I do this frequently when testing new
things.

Then just script/foo_create.pl view StaticFile would create a skeleton view.

When you supply additional arguments (the "TT") then you are looking
at basing your view off the helper, which is sourced from
Catalyst::View::Helper::TT.  It's fully optional, and omitting that
will just create a very basic package.

Of course you don't have to use any of this, you can just edit
"lib/MyApp/View/MyView.pm" directly and code it up -- it's just a
simple perl package (like what I wrote out above).

-J