[Catalyst] Best practices: XML output from static XML

Mesdaq, Ali amesdaq at websense.com
Fri Mar 5 20:42:46 GMT 2010

" Catalyst to serve a static file (which would only make sense if there *is* application logic) putting this in a View would be the Right Way."

Yes my point exactly. That’s why I was comparing it to serving static image files and how it's similar to this situation because there seems to be no application logic at all needed for this example so putting it in a view just to follow the design pattern does not make sense to me. That’s why I gave the previous example as an example of overkilling with the design pattern where it really serves no purpose. I completely agree that it makes much more sense to leverage the webserver for dealing with static files when necessary/possible.

Thanks,
Ali Mesdaq (CISSP, GIAC-GREM)
Sr. Security Researcher
Websense Security Labs