[Catalyst] Which C::View::PDF should I use?

Charlie Garrison garrison at zeta.org.au
Sun Mar 7 00:44:06 GMT 2010

Good morning,

On 6/03/10 at 6:58 AM -0800, Bill Moseley <moseley at hank.org> wrote:

>> Thanks, that was a good intro. It looks like I could almost get away with a simple LaTeX table for
>the form. But I can see myself getting bogged down by the
>details; I think latex is going to be "too hard" for this
>project. I may still come back to it as best option though.
>
>If your needs are pretty simple there's HTMLDOC. I've used it for
>simple reports and invoices.
>http://www.easysw.com/htmldoc/

Thanks for that. I've looked at various html 2 pdf tools (I used
html2ps for a project about 10 years ago). But lack of even
basic CSS support makes the them useless for creating "pretty" PDFs.

In reality, this project doesn't really need PDF output (HTML
would work fine), but $customer says it's a requirement, so I've
got to make it work for creating "pretty" PDFs.

Thanks again for all the input.

Charlie

--
    Ꮚ Charlie Garrison ♊ <garrison at zeta.org.au>
    〠 PO Box 141, Windsor, NSW 2756, Australia

http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc1855.txt