[Catalyst] Signup/Wizards recommendations

Gavin Henry gavin.henry at gmail.com
Mon Mar 8 16:32:37 GMT 2010

Hi all,

I was wondering what you'd recommend for a 2-3 page
registration/signup process. I use dbic and formhandler and trying to
decide on whether I should do this all on one page like the
Google/ebay signup or to the "Next page" option. I've been following
http://www.catalyzed.org/2010/03/an-introduction-to-formhandler.html
and what to do things the same way.

But, If I go for the later do you store partial progress signups in a
table or keep all the vars in hidden fields etc.?

I've got, user/company contact details, password etc. and then the
product and some other details, so may be a 3 page sign up or one long
page with dojo parts. Would chained be good for this:
signup/step1/start etc.

Most of my work has always been single page with Dojo parts, so not
sure what others do or recommend.

Any advice much appreciated.

Thanks,

Gavin.