[Catalyst] uri_for and unicode

Bernhard Graf catalyst4 at augensalat.de
Tue Mar 9 14:51:27 GMT 2010

Am 09.03.2010 15:32, schrieb Octavian Rasnita:

>> appropriate DBD::*/DBIC manpages how to do that) and don't use
>> DBIx::Class::UTF8Columns.
>
> Is this a general recommendation? (For not using DBIx::Class::UTF8Columns)

That's MY general recommendation. ;-)

I tried this UTF8Columns a while ago, thinking this would make my
programs more portable between different databases.
Instead it lead my directly into encoding hell.

On the other side MySQL, Postgres and SQLite support options to treat
strings as utf8 - and so far this always worked for me (MySQL, SQLite).

Bernhard