[Catalyst] Re: Which C::View::PDF should I use?

Gabriel Andrade gabiruh at gmail.com
Tue Mar 16 15:33:26 GMT 2010

On Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 7:52 AM, Aristotle Pagaltzis <pagaltzis at gmx.de> wrote:
> * Ovid <publiustemp-catalyst at yahoo.com> [2010-03-16 11:25]:
>> And trying to pass Acid2 in a PDF renderer? Wow.
>
> Yeah, it was one of the first renderers to pass the test suite,
> beating out several of the big browsers. A magical piece of work.
>
> Regards,
> --
> Aristotle Pagaltzis // <http://plasmasturm.org/>

There's also an open-source solution based on Webkit rendering engine,
and if you have no excuses to use a binary you should give it a try.
I'm pretty sure it passes Acid2, does CSS3, Javascript and won't hurt
your pocket. : )

http://code.google.com/p/wkhtmltopdf/

Try it and see:
$ wkhtmltopdf http://www.nytimes.com/ nyt.pdf

And thanks to maluco++ we have a perl interface for it:

http://search.cpan.org/~tbr/WKHTMLTOPDF-0.02/lib/WKHTMLTOPDF.pm

Cheers

--

Gabriel Andrade