[Catalyst] How to extend authentication to use other DB fields?

Evan Carroll lists at evancarroll.com
Thu Mar 25 05:59:17 GMT 2010

> I would like to extend my autentication to accept other fields:
> with $c->authenticate({ fileld1 => [..], field2 => [...], fieldd => [...] });

> Do I have to create my own Catalyst::Authentication::Credential plugin?

No, it already does that... per the docs:

    The first, and most common, method is simple retrieval. As its
name implies simple
    retrieval allows you to simply to provide the column => value
pairs that should be
    used to locate the user in question. An example of this usage is below:

--
Evan Carroll
System Lord of the Internets