[Catalyst] Global behaviour modification

Ovid publiustemp-catalyst at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 27 09:22:06 GMT 2010

Hi all,

What would be the best approach to intercept *everything* when a certain condition occurs and redirect to something like /user/waiting/?  Should I use "before execute" in the lib/MyApp.pm?

I'm working on an app where users must authenticate (via CatalystX::SimpleLogin and a custom ActionRole).  At times, users may engage in activity which temporarily makes it impossible to take any other action. Hypothetical example: users kick off a job which takes 5 minutes to run, so we restrict their ability to do *anything* else for that 5 minutes. Thus, it would be nice if I could globally redirect any authenticated user to something like /user/waiting/ or something like that.

Cheers,
Ovid
--
Buy the book         - http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/perlhks/