[Catalyst] Difference in way config->{home} is calculated?

Paul Makepeace paulm at paulm.com
Tue May 11 01:59:26 GMT 2010

On Mon, May 10, 2010 at 15:19, Tomas Doran <bobtfish at bobtfish.net> wrote:

> On 10 May 2010, at 23:23, Paul Makepeace wrote:
>
>> I'm noticing a difference in config->{home} between two installs (one
>> is 5.8/18 & other is /23). The latter also has the new ScriptRunner
>> code:
>>
>> .../IDL-Web
>> and .../IDL-Web/script/../lib/IDL/Web
>>
>> The latter breaks our app (and is wrong; our html etc is in
>> .../IDL-Web/root). I've worked around that with $CATALYST_HOME but
>> wondered if this is a bug, or...
>
> Smells like a bug.
>
> Can you give us some more info? Like is this installed or a checkout for a
> start, and if it's a checkout, is Makefile.PL present or has it been
> deleted..

OK that was a good clue, thanks. I had deleted the inner Makefile.PL
as we had an all-encompassing one in a dir above.

We have, FWIW,

.../  -- main app
.../lib, script, etc
.../Makefile.PL -- contains all requires etc for all the app & Catalyst
.../IDL-Web/  -- Catalyst app
.../IDL-Web/Makefile.PL  -- this had very old requires and not much
else (apparently!) of use so I nuked it

Seems like if I have an empty Makefile.PL in IDL-Web it's all good.
Slightly surprising but there we are.

Any comments on this? Better ways, etc?

Paul