[Catalyst] on the topic of PAR file distribution.

Tomas Doran bobtfish at bobtfish.net
Fri May 21 17:01:50 GMT 2010

On 1 Mar 2010, at 02:08, Toby Corkindale wrote:
> I was thinking it'd be in Module::Install::Catalyst, with some
> automatically-added -M options to par.

Yes, that sounds more sane...

> Speaking of M-I-C, is there a good reason why STDERR is redirected
> to /dev/null, as well as __WARN__?
>
> I ask, because it makes debugging catalyst_par builds a PITA.. I
> always go in and edit MIC to undo that stuff now, and can't see a
> good reason not to take it out.

I think it's just a reduction of the amount of stuff spraffed to the
screen.

However, I'd be all in favour of taking it out if it doesn't make the
normal build much noisier. Patch welcome.

>> I tried to fix this (and made a branch which you'll find in our svn),
>> but this just made PAR shit itself on my mac, and given I'm not a PAR
>> user and nobody else was showing any interest, I gave up.
>>
>> If there is an active PAR user out there who would like to get this
>> fixed - come chat to someone in #catalyst-dev, as that can totally
>> happen.
>
> I'm trying to checkout the git repo, but despite following http://wiki.catalystframework.org/wiki/contrib
>  I am getting an error when trying to clone http://git.shadowcat.co.uk/catagits/Catalyst-Devel.git

I think you wanted git:// rather than http.

> Is the contrib page out of date perhaps? The gitweb still seems to
> work, but I can't clone from it.

s/out of date/wrong/. Please fix? :)

(The repository metadata should have the correct URI, if it doesn't
please log a bug!)

Cheers
t0m