[Catalyst] myapp_test.pl - running code from the command line

Jonathon Soong jon at investmentscience.com.au
Wed Nov 3 04:08:09 GMT 2010

Hi guys

I am new to Catalyst and have a question :)

I'd like the ability to run some of the code of my website from the
command line ( a cron job ).

Usually this would be achieved by a person logging into the website and
clicking on a particular button which hits a controller.

I saw that there is a myapp_test.pl that can call a particular address,
so i tried this:

This works fine:
$>  perl script/myapp_test.pl /login

I can see the HTML get printed out on my screen.

But when I try to get to a deeper URL it does not work:
 perl script/isrms_test.pl /my/other/url

I think this is because there is authentication on the site?

Is this the way I should be going about trying to do this? Is there a
better way to do this?

Thanks

Jon