[Catalyst] Download a file - Catalyst Docs 'Cookbook' example doesn't work

Kieren Diment diment at gmail.com
Thu Nov 11 07:39:22 GMT 2010

I'd be inclined to do set $c->stash( served_file => 1) if one of these files is served

then avoid forwarding to the view if this stash key is set in MyApp.pm with the following:

sub end : ActionClass('RenderView') {
	my ($self, $c);
	return 1 if $c->stash(served_file);
}

See the docs for Catalyst::Action::RenderView for details.