[Catalyst] Re: $c->visit without calling end()

Aristotle Pagaltzis pagaltzis at gmx.de
Mon Nov 15 16:56:11 GMT 2010

* Bill Crawford <billcrawford1970 at gmail.com> [2010-11-15 14:20]:
> On 13 November 2010 02:54, Bill Moseley <moseley at hank.org> wrote:
> > Any tricks to do a $c->visit type of call but w/o doing
> > a full dispatch, that is, without calling the auto and end
> > actions?
>
> Doesn't $c->forward(...) do exactly that? Or have I completely
> misunderstood the docs?

No, `forward` does not do a full redispatch. Most importantly,
if you’re using chains in your app, then `visit` will walk the
entire chain to the action you passed and call those actions
(as well as all the `begin` and `auto` actions along the way),
while `forward` will only call the action itself.

Regards,