[Catalyst] Re: DBI handle without "magic" when calling with dump_info=1 after updating Catalyst::Runtime

Matthias Dietrich mdietrich at cpan.org
Tue Nov 23 10:45:33 GMT 2010

Hi Jeremy,

Am 23.11.2010 um 09:55 schrieb Jeremy Dack:

> Did you ever find a solution to the problem below as I’ve started to get the exact same issue on my windows box?

I'm sorry I haven't and I'm still living with that issue.  Maybe the list could help?

> Re: DBI handle without "magic" when calling with dump_info=1 after updating Catalyst::Runtime [In reply to]
>
> Hi list,
>
> does someone knows anything about this error? As it occurs on two of my systems (Linux, Mac) and at least on one unknown I heard of this seems not to be an error of my local installation.
>
> Here's my error description as of 24.08.2009:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> yesterday I've updated Catalyst::Runtime to 5.80011 and also did an update to several other modules (like Moose, DBIC, DBI and some plugins). Today I discovered that my DBI handle looses his "magic" when I call my app with parameter dump_info set to 1. This is the message printed on my console (current lates Mac OS X):
>>
>> $ sudo ./script/myapp_server.pl -p 80 -r
>> You can connect to your server at http://rainboxx-pro.local
>> SV = RV(0x24ae020) at 0x2501e60
>> REFCNT = 1
>> FLAGS = (ROK,READONLY)
>> RV = 0x24f5f0c
>> (in cleanup) dbih_getcom handle DBI::db=HASH(0x24f5f0c) is not a DBI handle (has no magic) at /opt/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.9/Data/Visitor/Callback.pm line 97.
>>
>> Each following request results in blank pages with exceptions in the log like:
>>
>> Can't call method "resultset" without a package or object reference at /opt/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.9/DBIx/Class/Schema.pm line 548.
>>
>> I need to restart the server to use it again.
>>
>> The error occurs everytime I'm surfing on my app and using dump_info then. If I restart the server and use dump_info with the first request, everthing is fine. If I access a normal controller page and use dump_info after that, the server goes down again.
>>
>> Do I need to update another module? Or is this a bug and if yes, of which module? Tell me how I can help to find this error.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> matt
>>
>> P.S.: Although this seems to be as a question that should go to the DBIC list, I guess it is Catalyst related...

Thanks

--
rainboxx Software Engineering
Matthias Dietrich

rainboxx Matthias Dietrich   |  Phone: +49 7141 / 2 39 14 71
Königsallee 43               |  Fax  : +49 3222 / 1 47 63 00
71638 Ludwigsburg            |  Mobil: +49  151 / 50 60 78 64

CPAN: http://search.cpan.org/~mdietrich/
XING: https://www.xing.com/profile/Matthias_Dietrich18
GULP: http://www.gulp.de/profil/rainboxx.html