[Catalyst] C::E::HTTP::PreFork deployment

Ashley Pond V apv at sedition.com
Tue Nov 30 15:56:24 GMT 2010

On Tue, Nov 30, 2010 at 7:04 AM, Edmund von der Burg
<evdb at ecclestoad.co.uk> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Currently I run several Catalyst apps under lighttpd using fastcgi.
> I'd like to switch to them being HTTP::Prefork.

A very incomplete answer but I'd suggest adding PSGI/Starman to the
list of things you look at. It's HUPable for restarts though I don't
think anyone has written a file-watcher style hook to do that (yet)
and can have workers added and removed with signals. With things like
Plack::Builder you can make all kinds of tremendously powerful
deployment choices pretty simple.

I have a stub git repo for a starman service script:
https://github.com/pangyre/p5-cat-starman-daemon (there is nothing
there now but I do have a good skeleton that isn't committed/pushed. I
was hoping to round out / generalize it in time for an advent entry.
As well as a P::Builder thing... anyone seen my tuits? They were
round, once.

-ashley