[Catalyst] Moose/Object error in Catalyst

Gavin Aiken gavin at aiken.org.uk
Fri Oct 1 17:15:16 GMT 2010

I have a Catalyst app that started life in version 5.7 and has been
upgraded to work with the 5.8 Moose version of Catalyst along the way.
Recently I also upgraded my version of DBIx::Class::Schema::Loader,
which added some Moose stuff to the top of all my table classes, like
this:

use Moose;
use MooseX::NonMoose;
use namespace::autoclean;
extends 'DBIx::Class::Core';

After that, I started getting this error message with every single
request to the server:

dev server on OSX:

Odd number of elements in anonymous hash at /Library/Perl/5.8.8/darwin-
thread-multi-2level/Moose/Object.pm line 39.

or on Linux under apache:

[Thu Sep 30 19:57:59 2010] [warn] [client 208.93.49.4] mod_fcgid:
stderr: Odd number of elements in anonymous hash at /usr/lib64/perl5/
site_perl/5.8.8/x86_64-linux-thread-multi/Moose/Object.pm line 39.

Any ideas what is causing it? I've tried to debug it but haven't
managed to figure it out myself yet. If I roll back to the previous
version of the table classes without the Moose stuff the error goes
away - but I don't want to do that!