[Catalyst] Catalyst and FormBuilder vs. IExplorer 8

Toby Corkindale toby.corkindale at strategicdata.com.au
Mon Oct 11 06:27:09 GMT 2010

On 07/10/10 03:36, Moritz Onken wrote:
> Sounds like a trailing comma in the javascript somewhere.

The trailing-comma problem occurs in IE6/7, but not in IE8. (Thank you,
Microsoft).
I think Will's problem *doesn't* occur on IE6/7, but just IE8, if I
understand the situation correctly:

 >> On 06/10/10 14:00, will trillich wrote:
 >> Short version: Catalyst/Formbuilder uploads work fine in firefox and
 >> chrome, works fine in IE 6... but not IE 8, where it throws an
 >> "object expected" error.

I looked around our code a bit, and our own "object expected" errors
here were being caused by some javascript assuming that a certain object
would always have an object returned from a method, when in fact
sometimes it didn't in older versions of IE :/
Not so helpful for you, if this issue only appears on recent IE versions
though.. confusing!

Will, can you check to see if you're getting Internet Explorer 8 running
in "IE8 standards mode", or if it's falling back to the older quirks
mode or IE7 mode?

Try this:

alert("Document mode = " + document.documentMode);