[Catalyst] Logging is not immediate

Ken Beal KBeal at crosscountry-auto.com
Mon Oct 18 23:46:54 GMT 2010

Hi,

I'm running Catalyst via the scripts\myapp_server.pl script.  I have
never configured it to run under a web server, and perhaps that's the
answer to my question.

The issue is that when I call $c->log(), it doesn't output anything
until the "URL call" completes.  This makes it difficult to watch a
long-running process, because I don't see anything until it's done, and
I don't know if it's hung up on something because I can't see the log
output.

Has anyone else experienced this, and found a useful workaround or fix?
Like I said, if I have to run it under Apache or IIS in order for this
to work, I'll do so.

Thanks,

--
Ken Beal
Senior Software Engineer, Build/Release

Cross Country Automotive Services
One Cabot Road
Medford, MA 02155
p: (781) 306-3605
m: (978) 423-8977
e: kbeal at crosscountry-auto.com <mailto:kbeal at crosscountry-auto.com>

Confidentiality Note: This e-mail message and any attachments may contain
confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient,
please notify me immediately by replying to this message and destroy all
copies of this message and any attachments. Thank you.