[Catalyst] Working with project configuration file outside ofCatalyst directory

Leandro Hermida softdev at leandrohermida.com
Wed Sep 1 18:51:34 GMT 2010

Hi Octavian,

Thank you for the information, I am a bit confused how to implement it
though, what do you mean "include that configuration file in both the
master configuration and Catalyst configuration files"?

Suppose I have my master project directory:

myproject/
    lib/
    ... other dirs...
    myproject.conf
    web/  <---- Catalyst application directory
        inc/
        lib/
        myproject_web.conf
        script/
        t/

In myproject.conf I would have the database connection info amongst
other configuration used by the overall project:

<DB>
    schema_class ...
    <connect_info>
        dsn ...
        username ...
        password ...
        AutoCommit 1
    </connect_info>
</DB>

In the Catalyst configuration myproject_web.conf I would have things
specific to Catalyst:

name MyApp::Web
default_view HTML

How would I have Catalyst be able to include the configuration
automatically from myproject.conf outside the Catalyst app dir?

best,
Leandro