[Catalyst] "Wrong Content-Length value"

Bill Moseley moseley at hank.org
Wed Sep 8 22:16:28 GMT 2010

On Wed, Sep 8, 2010 at 2:38 PM, Nicholas Wehr
<catalyst at bionikchickens.com>wrote:

> interesting problem. so the client is making byte-range requests on dynam=
ic
> content? if it's static - I'd recommend you defer this functionality to
> apache.

No, it's not that.  It's simply that the client is sending a content-length
header and after Catalyst / HTTP::Body slurps in the body Catalyst does a
sanity check to see if the length of the body really was the length
specified in the header.

Watch:

moseley at bumby2:~$ catalyst.pl Length
moseley at bumby2:~$ CATALYST_DEBUG=3D0 Length/script/length_server.pl
You can connect to your server at http://bumby2:3000

moseley at bumby2:~$ telnet localhost 3000
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.
Escape character is '^]'.
POST /foo HTTP/1.1
Host: localhost:3000

just some stuff
^]
telnet> quit
Connection closed.

Results in:

[error] Caught exception in engine "Wrong Content-Length value: 400000"

-- =

Bill Moseley
moseley at hank.org