[Catalyst] "Wrong Content-Length value"

Bill Moseley moseley at hank.org
Wed Sep 8 23:59:03 GMT 2010

On Wed, Sep 8, 2010 at 4:13 PM, Nicholas Wehr
<catalyst at bionikchickens.com>wrote:

> okay - in this context I can understand your original message. I think
> catalyst is behaving okay. In your example, the client is disconnected so=
 it
> cannot receive a response code. in my test telnet where I ran your exampl=
e,
> I fed more data in than was expected - but since I left the client connec=
ted
> I got a response. the server went ahead and detected the content-length a=
nd
> failed gracefully, though cryptically...

Correct, because it only checks:

         if ( $remaining > 0 ) {

Not sure why it's ok for the Content-Length to be less than the actual
content and not the other way around.

Regardless, my question was just is this the level of an error?  Do we
really care if a request is disconnected?

I can downgrade the message to a warn in my logging code to avoid getting
emails about it every few hours.

-- =

Bill Moseley
moseley at hank.org