[Catalyst] "Wrong Content-Length value"

Felix Antonius Wilhelm Ostmann ostmann at websuche.de
Thu Sep 9 08:14:48 GMT 2010

We have exactly the same problem. Every error triggers emails to the
dev-team. And this occure ~20 times a day. Perhaps it is not paranoid
and a simple 410 (or similar) will be a better answer without sending
errors to the app?

Am 09.09.2010 01:59, schrieb Bill Moseley:

> On Wed, Sep 8, 2010 at 4:13 PM, Nicholas Wehr
> <catalyst at bionikchickens.com <mailto:catalyst at bionikchickens.com>> wrote:
>
>     okay - in this context I can understand your original message. I
>     think catalyst is behaving okay. In your example, the client is
>     disconnected so it cannot receive a response code. in my test telnet
>     where I ran your example, I fed more data in than was expected - but
>     since I left the client connected I got a response. the server went
>     ahead and detected the content-length and failed gracefully, though
>     cryptically...
>

> Correct, because it only checks:
>
>          if ( $remaining > 0 ) {
>
> Not sure why it's ok for the Content-Length to be less than the actual
> content and not the other way around.
>
> Regardless, my question was just is this the level of an error?  Do we
> really care if a request is disconnected?
>
> I can downgrade the message to a warn in my logging code to avoid
> getting emails about it every few hours.
>

> --
> Bill Moseley
> moseley at hank.org <mailto:moseley at hank.org>

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Felix Antonius Wilhelm Ostmann
Websuche Search Technology GmbH & Co. KG
Martinistraße 3, D-49080 Osnabrück, Germany
Tel.: +49 541 40666-0, Fax: +49 541 40666-22
Email: info at websuche.de, Web: www.websuche.de
AG Osnabrück - HRA 200252, Ust-IdNr.: DE814737310