[Catalyst] New install getting "Wide character in syswrite" error

Charlie Garrison garrison at zeta.org.au
Wed Sep 22 03:00:46 GMT 2010

Good afternoon,

I setup an installation of our app for a new developer last
night and keep getting the 'Caught
exception in engine "Wide character in syswrite at...' error
when making POST requests. Reading through the archives I expect
this is a Unicode encoding problem. But I can't figure out where
I'm going wrong with the new setup. (Note, the app works fine on
4 other workstations/servers, so I'm guessing it's a problem
specific to this one setup.)

There was a test error when installing
Catalyst::Plugin::Unicode::Encoding. I downgraded Encode to
v2.39 and then Catalyst::Plugin::Unicode::Encoding installed cleanly.

The plugin list is:

__PACKAGE__->setup(qw/
     ConfigLoader
     AutoCRUD
     Static::Simple
     Params::Nested
     I18N
     Unicode::Encoding
     Cache::HTTP

     Session
     Session::Store::DBIC
     Session::State::Cookie
     Session::State::URI

     Authentication
     Authorization::Roles
     Authorization::ACL
     RequireSSL
     Cache
/);

What else can I try to resolve this problem?

Thanks,
Charlie

--
    Ꮚ Charlie Garrison ♊ <garrison at zeta.org.au>