[Catalyst] New install getting "Wide character in syswrite" error

Charlie Garrison garrison at zeta.org.au
Wed Sep 22 10:15:49 GMT 2010

Good evening,

On 22/09/10 at 10:21 AM +0100, Tomas Doran
<bobtfish at bobtfish.net> wrote:

>How is this deployed? I mean, is this with the test server, or other?

Using myapp_server.pl; eg:

$ ./script/myapp_server.pl -k --port 3124

>>There was a test error when installing
>>Catalyst::Plugin::Unicode::Encoding. I downgraded Encode to
>>v2.39 and then Catalyst::Plugin::Unicode::Encoding installed cleanly.
>
>Aha: https://rt.cpan.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=61456
>
>Upgrading LWP fixes the tests issue..

Yep. Upgrading LWP, Encode and C::P::Unicode::Encoding to latest
versions was successful.

>Can you try version 1.0 of Unicode::Encoding to see if this fixes your issue?

I tried that before doing above upgrade. It didn't fix the problem.

I'm not getting the "Wide character in syswrite" error now, but
the symptoms still persist. Also, once the problem starts the
test server won't respond to any further requests; requires a
restart. Canceling the current request results in following error:

Caught exception in engine "Wrong Content-Length value: 52"

Any other suggestions?

Thanks,
Charlie

--