[Catalyst] autocrud/ExtJS question

Peter Karman peter at peknet.com
Fri Sep 24 15:21:35 GMT 2010

Oliver Gorwits wrote on 09/24/2010 07:47 AM:

> If anyone does have any suggestions for how this might be done
> better in the user interface, please let me know.

CatalystX::CRUD::YUI handles many-to-many (and one-to-many) selection
through a livegrid (ExtJS extension) widget, so that there is no need to
know or care how many possible combinations there might be.

You can demo the feature using one of the test apps in svn[0]:

 % svn co https://svn.msi.umn.edu/sw/perl/CatalystX-CRUD-YUI/trunk cxcy
 % cd cxcy
 % perl Makefile.PL
 % make test
 % perl t/MyDBIC/script/mydbic_server.pl

and point your browser at http://localhost:3000/crud/test/foo/list

[0] While the m2m support has been in CXCY for a long time, I just now
added examples to the svn trunk test app.

Peter Karman  .  http://peknet.com/  .  peter at peknet.com