[Catalyst] living without Apache 'deflate'

John M. Dlugosz wxju46gefd at snkmail.com
Tue Apr 5 02:46:34 GMT 2011

On 4/4/2011 8:09 PM, Andrew Rodland andrew-at-cleverdomain.org |Catalyst/Allow to home|
wrote:
> For starters: you don't need to do without mod_deflate. Just install a non-broken
> version of mod_fastcgi (version SNAP-0811090952, from 2008, or newer).

I did think it was odd that the current version is from 2007 and it's been fixed but no
new release since then.  Why not?  Should I make an end-run around Debian's packaging
system and integration testing of stable versions for this exception?  Why wouldn't a
newer version not be in there already?