[Catalyst] Implementing a 'remember me on this computer' button

Eden Cardim edencardim at gmail.com
Mon Apr 11 19:24:52 GMT 2011

    Edmund> That is a configuration parameter and so gets set at startup and is
    Edmund> applied to all cookies from then on. I want to be able to change the
    Edmund> expiry for an particular cookie so that some sessions persist and
    Edmund> others don't.

You can always manipulate the session cookies manually. Use
$c->get_session_cookie, it returns a CGI::Simple::Cookie.

->config->{Plugin::Session::State::Cookie}{cookie_expires} = 0;

$c->authenticate;
$c->get_session_cookie->expires($ttl) if $remember_user;

Should do the trick.

--
   Eden Cardim       Need help with your Catalyst or DBIx::Class project?
  Code Monkey                    http://www.shadowcat.co.uk/catalyst/