[Catalyst] Help System - Can a controller's index capture the remainder of the path as a series of arguments?

Eden Cardim edencardim at gmail.com
Mon Apr 11 19:51:41 GMT 2011

    Kyle> Thanks to Bill and David the info. I'm still learning how to use
    Kyle> Catalyst, it's almost overwhelming when compared to CakePHP ( which is
    Kyle> what I started with as my first framework ) here is what I've got:

    Kyle> My button: <a href="[% c.uri_for('/help', c.action ) %]"
    Kyle> class="button" id="menu-help">Help</a>

    Kyle> My Help controller:
    Kyle> sub index : Chained('/') PathPart('help') Args {
    Kyle>     my ( $self, $c, @path ) = @_;

    Kyle>     my $path = join('/', @path);

    Kyle>     $c->stash->{template} = "help/$path.tt";
    Kyle> }

    Kyle> Seems to work fine. Any suggestions for improvements?

Is there any non-static content in the help files? If not, you can get
away with serving the plain files straight from root/help via:

MyApp->config->{'Plugin::Static'}{dirs} = [ 'help' ];

As usual you'll want to serve that straight via apache or whatever in
production.

And in your templates:

   Eden Cardim       Need help with your Catalyst or DBIx::Class project?
  Code Monkey                    http://www.shadowcat.co.uk/catalyst/
http://blog.edencardim.com/            http://www.shadowcat.co.uk/servers/