[Catalyst] DBIC related: schema VS model

Bernhard Bauch bauch at zsi.at
Tue Apr 12 07:00:43 GMT 2011

dear catalystlist,

after doing a try-run of bringing all modules (catalyst, dbix::class, ...) up-to-date, i ran into some problems.

i found a solution for the problem, but there are still some open questions.
i am creating some "onthefly" relations at after catalyst setup is completed.
(see full-details below this mail).

the resultset class was accessed via:
> my $myclass = $schema->class("Someclass");
$myclass is "MyApp::Model::DB::Someclass" now.
creating a many2many relation on $myclass did not work as it should with latest dbix::class.
the solution was to access the class via "MyApp::Schema::Result::Someclass"

so the question is:
why is using $schema->class("...") ending in a different behavior that using the bare result class name ?
or am i doing things terribly wrong ?

thanks for tipps and helps,
bernhard

Begin forwarded message: