[Catalyst] Moose Upgrade

Dave Rolsky autarch at urth.org
Mon Apr 18 02:55:45 GMT 2011

On Sun, 17 Apr 2011, John M. Dlugosz wrote:

> I just updated Moose to 2, on my development system, prepatory to doing some
> Moose explorations.
> Catalyst didn't like it one bit.  I'm still installing other updates based on
> things mentioned in errors, when I try and run script/myapp_server.
>
> Any specific advice?

You probably have a bunch of conflicting MooseX modules installed.
Unfortunately, the warnings from Moose's Makefile.PL are easy to miss (and
I think cpanm hides them entirely :(

Running "moose-outdated | cpanm" should upgrade everything that needs
upgrading.

> I see the latest Catalyst::Runtime is marked TRIAL.  Should I use a different
> one on the server?

I've been using this one for dev for a while, and it works fine. If by
"server" you mean "production", then conservatism is not a bad thing.

-dave

http://VegGuide.org               http://blog.urth.org
Your guide to all that's veg      House Absolute(ly Pointless)