[Catalyst] building 'local' lib with dependencies for shipping

Bernhard Bauch bauch at zsi.at
Tue Apr 26 10:33:08 GMT 2011

hey,

i've also been hanging around with the same question/problem.
local::lib in combination with perl-brew is super, to bundle perl and all modules needed to run cataylst independant from your systems perl installation.

i thought just copying the complete local::lib tree would solve the problem to have the exactly the same module-versions on all maschines (development boxes and production)
but than i figured out, if the maschine-architecture is different then just copying the local::lib dir would not work.

using cpans Bundle system puts modulename + versions into the bundle file, but installing from this bundle also installs new-versions of modules if they are installed as a depenceny.

any ideas, how to solve this issue ?
byyee, bernhard