[Catalyst] Model Testing Problems.

Tomas Doran bobtfish at bobtfish.net
Sat Aug 13 10:05:05 GMT 2011

On 13 Aug 2011, at 11:01, Tomas Doran wrote:

> On 12 Aug 2011, at 18:44, John Karr wrote:
>

>> I have a catalyst application that I've been working on for some
>> time (it is pretty big now), and am finally trying to write tests
>> for it. The application runs error free when run in its entirety.
>> But I can't get Model Tests to run. My Model is DBI based, where
>> each DSN has a MyApp::Model::DSN parent module and then there are
>> MyApp::Model::DSN::Table child modules which contain the methods
>> relevant to each table. I would like to access my model methods in
>> a manner similar to how I do in an application:
>>
>> is( $BoPeep->model('DBI::Flock')->CountSheep(), 3 , 'CountSheep.
>> There are 3 sheep in BoPeeps flock' ) ;
>
> You appear to have forgotten the question.

Sorry, didn't mean to be quite so brief - lack of caffeine..

I meant that you need to show us what code you're trying, and how it
doesn't work for you (along with a couple of the classes under test).

Otherwise you have a un undefined problem with something undefined,
and I'm afraid the best answer you're going to get, without someone
solving the halting problem, or my becoming psychic, is "you're doing
it wrong".

Cheers
t0m