[Catalyst] Suggestions for Catalyst training providers?

Victor Churchill victorchurchill at gmail.com
Thu Dec 1 18:50:04 GMT 2011

Hi,

I am likely to be starting on a significant piece of Catalyst development
work in the near future and would be glad to hear recommendations anyone
may have regarding getting some training.

I have quite a lot of years of Perl (enough that I have to work on
'Modernising' ); and have worked through The Tutorial and then done a
couple of modest applications which have pushed that envelope a bit but it
is painfully obvious to me that there is A Lot More To Learn. So I can set
up an app to modest things with different databases, and feed JSON and XML
requests, but haven't gone into configuration or clever result set work or
anything much to do with Moose.
I am pretty much working on my own and don't have an existing $work
culture/infrastructure to help, it's all been from reference materials.

So I think I want to find a Catalyst training provider who offers a
hands-on course that can help someone at my not-quite-beginner state get to
the next level. I am realistically expecting that this is going to cost
some money but obviously fee is one consideration. I am on the South Coast
of U.K. so could commute to London for two or three days if need be;
further afield would mean looking at accommodation too.

I'd be very grateful to hear comments/suggestions/advice on who's good and
who to avoid, etc.

thanks!

-- =

best regards,