[Catalyst] Single-domain multi-shop, multi-gateway; linked to the one shopping-cart

Tomas Doran bobtfish at bobtfish.net
Tue Dec 6 10:06:39 GMT 2011

On 6 Dec 2011, at 08:07, Alec Taylor wrote:
> Currently we are looking for a good starting base, with a lot of the
> development already done for us; then we'll build up from that
> foundation.
>
> Research includes: Ruby on Rails (spree), DJango (satchmo) and
> Catalyst.

Use whatever the development team you're putting together knows most
about and has experience of developing and using in production already.

If everyone involved is picking up a new language and framework(s),
then _a lot_ of your initial code is going to be crappy.

It isn't worth making this technology choice until you know who's
going to actually implement this.

If you're making the technology choice, and you haven't got production
experience building and maintaining large scale web apps on one of the
platforms you're picking from - then you're the wrong person to be
making that choice.

Cheers
t0m