Re: [Catalyst] ”Non-root configuration” of lighttpd::FastCGI doesn't work with Catalyst-Runtime-5.90002

Charlie Garrison garrison at zeta.org.au
Wed Dec 7 23:53:04 GMT 2011

Good morning,

I'm opening an old thread that is related to a problem I'm
having, my issue seems to also be related to "[Catalyst]
Plack::Hanlder::FCGI Bug?", and change in v5.90007.

On 2/10/11 at 11:14 PM +0900, N.A. <n-a at u01.gate01.com> wrote:

>I'm not sure why, but for my case removing
>'Plack::Middleware::LighttpdScriptNameFix' from  'Catalyst.pm' works.
>
>Maybe "LighttpdScriptNameFix" is not requied because
>my lighttpd is version 1.4.28 and I'm not mount my app under the root path ("/").
>
>I hope there could be some switch to turn off this 'module'(middleware?) !!

I've got the opposite problem from that solved in v5.90007. I'm
running lighttpd/1.4.26 (on centos) so the LighttpdScriptNameFix
middleware should not be needed. But when I updated staging
server, our app broke, and applying LighttpdScriptNameFix
unconditionally fixed it (edited apply_default_middlewares in Catalyst.pm).

I don't understand SCRIPT_NAME and PATH_INO well enough to know
what *should* be happening. Where should I look to figure out
why the LighttpdScriptNameFix middleware still needs to be applied?

I have tried setting use_request_uri_for_path to both 0 & 1 and
doesn't make any difference.

The lighttpd.conf file contains:

   $HTTP["url"] !~ "^/(static/|http-bind/)" {
     fastcgi.server  = (
         "" =>
            ( "local" =>
              (
                 "socket" => "/path/to/app-fastcgi.socket",
                 "check-local" => "disable",
              )
         )
     )