[Catalyst] Method name conflict with current versions

Denny 2011 at denny.me
Wed Dec 28 12:42:44 GMT 2011

On Tue, 2011-12-27 at 18:08 -0800, Louis Erickson wrote:
> I'm trying to get ShinyCMS working

Yay!

> and had an old installation and nothing worked.

Boo!

Do you mean an old installation of ShinyCMS, or an old installation of
Perl, or an old installation of Catalyst and supporting modules?

> So, I installed perlbrew, installed a new Perl 5.14.2, and then used cpanm to install new versions of all the needed modules.  Current as of yesterday.
>
> When I start parts of ShinyCMS, I get errors.
>
>  wwonko at holly:~/projects/MyApp/script $ perl myapp_server.pl
> Couldn't load class (MyApp) because: Due to a method name conflict in roles 'CatalystX::Component::Traits' and 'MooseX::Traits::Pluggable', the method '_find_trait' must be implemented or excluded by 'Catalyst::Model::DBIC::Schema' at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.10.0/i586-linux-thread-multi/Moose/Meta/Role/Application/ToClass.pm line 127

I see t0m has already posted the solution to this.  I wonder if you
could try updating your Catalyst (/Moose/etc) against your 5.10.0
install also, and let me know if there are any problems with ShinyCMS on
that stack?  I did most of the original development on 5.10.0 but I
recently updated to 5.12.4 when I had to reinstall Ubuntu...  I'd rather
ShinyCMS didn't leave 5.10.x behind just yet though!

Thanks and regards,
Denny

PS: If you'd like to find me for a chat at any point, I usually lurk in
#shinycms on irc.freenode.net  :)