[Catalyst] Catalyst Git Conversion

fREW Schmidt frioux at gmail.com
Sat Feb 12 08:45:40 GMT 2011

Hello All!

Some of you already know that I am working on converting the Catalyst
repository to git.  I am happy to announce that I am closing in on
completion!

The current state of the git repo: https://github.com/frioux/Catalyst
The script to convert it:
https://github.com/frioux/Git-Conversions/blob/master/cat-convert

The only things I know of that we must have before we finalize this
conversion is:

#1: is it correct that the svn user rjk is Ronald J Kimball <
rjk at linguist.dartmouth.edu> ?
#2: who is svn user didls?

Also, if you'd like to help ensure the sanity of the repo it would be great
if you looked at it!  Here are a few tools I use to try to get a feel for
the quality of the final export:

gitk --all

Perusing the repo with gitk is good; another great thing to do is to View ->
Edit View and click "Strictly sort by date".  This is helpful for finding
duplicate commits.  Note that there are some commits that look duplicate in
this repo but actually aren't; people decided it would be best to edit
multiple branches in a single commit instead of just dealing with that at
merge time.

git shortlog -s

This will make it clear if I misspelled your name.

Also looking at blames of files can be handy.

Hopefully this helps!

-- =

fREW Schmidt
http://blog.afoolishmanifesto.com