[Catalyst] Making secure session cookies (or, how do we make Explorer stop complaining about nonsecure content on a secure page?)

Bill Moseley moseley at hank.org
Mon Feb 21 16:08:44 GMT 2011

2011/2/21 Oroszi, R=F3bert <robert at oroszi.net>

> if you're using non-ssl javascript cdn you should embed javascript ( or c=
ss
> ) like this:
>
> <script type=3D"text/javascript" src=3D"//code.jquery.com/jquery-latest.m=
in.js
> "></script>
>
> "//" - its a protocolless javascript embedding technique :)
>
> good luck :)

IIRC, I tried this on a site a few years back and changed back --
unfortunately, for a reason that I can't remember now.  Maybe it was related
to this:

http://www.stevesouders.com/blog/2010/02/10/5a-missing-schema-double-downlo=
ad/

(and linked from above)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jongalloway/4951687517/lightbox/
http://php5.skauti-pardubice.cz/IE7-missing-scheme-bug.php

I don't have IE8 here.  Can anyone confirm?

-- =

Bill Moseley
moseley at hank.org