[Catalyst] Job Queue recommendation

Bill Moseley moseley at hank.org
Fri Jan 21 14:49:56 GMT 2011

2011/1/21 Octavian Rasnita <orasnita at gmail.com>

>  Hello,
>
> Can you recommend a job queue system that works under Windows (and which
> works with Oracle if it needs a database)?

Have you looked at AMQP implementations?  RabbitMQ seems to have a Windows
download.  But normally you would run the queue on its on machine (or
machines) so might as well use Linux for that.  I suspect the Windows
RabbitMQ is not as well used, but that's just a guess.

http://www.rabbitmq.com/server.html

http://qpid.apache.org/download.cgi

It seems like there's some discussion around about if a database makes a
good queue.  Grated, on the RabbitMQ site, so with a bias, but here's one:
http://www.rabbitmq.com/resources/RabbitMQ_Oxford_Geek_Night.pdf

A bit dated, but this is often cited when someone is comparing options:

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Message_Queue_Evaluation_Notes

-- =

Bill Moseley
moseley at hank.org