[Catalyst] Dev Server Not showing standard debug info when using Log4Perl Plugin

Rippl, Steve rippls at woodlandschools.org
Mon Jan 24 01:10:40 GMT 2011

On Sun, Jan 23, 2011 at 4:49 PM, Eric Berg <eberg at bergbrains.com> wrote:

> Is there a way to get all of the logging that you get with the dev catalyst server when you use Catalyst::Log::Log4perl?  I love me my l4p formatting, including lline numbers, etc., but would also like to see the standard catalyst debug output.
>
> I"ve enabled l4p in catalyst liek this:
>
> # In my app main class
> use Catalyst::Log::Log4perl;
>
> # and
>
> __PACKAGE__->log(
>     Catalyst::Log::Log4perl->new(
>         '/home/eberg/.log4perl.conf',
>     )
>  );

I have the same as above in myapp.pm, then in log4perl.conf on the dev
server I have

log4perl.logger                                   = DEBUG, Screen
log4perl.logger.Catalyst.Plugin.Authorization.ACL = INFO, Screen

log4perl.appender.Screen                          =
Log::Log4perl::Appender::ScreenColoredLevels
log4perl.appender.Screen.stderr                   = 1
log4perl.appender.Screen.layout                   =
Log::Log4perl::Layout::PatternLayout
log4perl.appender.Screen.layout.ConversionPattern = [%p] %m%n
log4perl.appender.Screen.color.ERROR              = bold underline red on_white
log4perl.appender.Screen.color.DEBUG              = blue
log4perl.appender.Screen.color.WARN               = magenta

and I get all the usual Catalyst debug output (in color!)

--
Steve Rippl
Technology Director