[Catalyst] Saving redirect URL in flash not sticking through login process

Eric Berg eberg at bergbrains.com
Mon Jan 24 02:27:18 GMT 2011

If a user submits a certain form without being logged in, I flash the
current URL, save the params in the session, and redirect them to the login.

In my Login controller, I look for $c->flash->{redirect_url} and
redirect them back to that URL.

The problem is that that flash entry is gone after the user submits the
login form.  I logged out the redirect URL at the beginning of my login
routine and it comes through the first time, but even if I don't access
it via the log statement, that redirect_url key is not there in the
flash when the user submits the login form with their credentials.

I've tried resetting $c->flash->{redirect_url} in the login routine and
also tried $c->keep_flash( qw( redirect_url )) in the login routine, but
no go.

Any thoughts on what I might be doing wrong?

Eric