[Catalyst] progressive authentication via db & LDAP

piccard piccard at web.de
Mon Jan 24 15:17:02 GMT 2011

Hello,

like in the def. guide 2 catalyst described I've tested a progressive
authentication via DB and LDAP, which worked just fine :-D
But now I have to use an already existing DB, which has different
column-names. As long as I authenticate via a DB everything works,
because I can pass the the column-name as keys:

             if ($c->authenticate({ user_identification => $username,
                                    user_password => $password  } )) {

Unfortunalty the auth-call doesn't work for the LDAP-auth any more.

Is there a possibilty to map the keys, so they also work for a
LDAP-authentication?
Or do I have to duplicate my code and pass the realm, like:

             if ($c->authenticate({ username => $username,
                                    password => $password  }, 'ldapAuth'
)) {

thanx :-D